Mamie Brown's Pink Tomato
- Pink beefsteak fruits of varying shapes
- Perfect sweet/acid flavor balance
- Double fruits are somewhat common
- Indeterminate - Fruit ripens throughout the season
- 80-90 days from transplant
Donated to SSE in 1995 by Alicia Brown-Matthes of Iowa. This variety was a favorite of Alicia’s grandmother, Mamie Brown, who grew it in her West Virginia garden. Large, pink beefsteak type with a perfect sweet/acid flavor balance. Indeterminate, 80-90 days from transplant.
Learn to Grow Mamie Brown's Pink Tomato
Start Indoors: 6 weeks before last frost
Germination: 7-14 Days
Plant Outdoors: 24-36” Apart
Support: Cage, stake, or trellis
Instructions - Sow seeds indoors ¼" deep. Tomatoes are sensitive to freezing temperatures, so wait to transplant outdoors until the soil is warm. Plant in full sun.