Italian Heirloom Tomato
- Best-selling slicing tomato
- Winner of SSEs 2012 Tomato Tasting
- Bright red fruits grow to over 1 pound
- Excellent full tomato flavor
- Extremely productive
- Ideal for slicing and canning—very little waste and easy to peel
- Indeterminate - Fruit ripens throughout the season
- 70-80 days from transplant
Winner of SSE’s 2012 Tomato Tasting. Outstanding variety from Italy. Plants are loaded with red fruits weighing over a pound. One of the most productive varieties we have grown at Heritage Farm. Excellent full tomato flavor. Ideal for slicing and canning—very little waste and easy to peel. Indeterminate, 70-80 days from transplant.
Learn to Grow Italian Heirloom Tomato
Start Indoors: 6 weeks before last frost
Germination: 7-14 Days
Plant Outdoors: 24-36” Apart
Support: Cage, stake, or trellis
Instructions - Sow seeds indoors ¼" deep. Tomatoes are sensitive to freezing temperatures, so wait to transplant outdoors until the soil is warm. Plant in full sun.
Ratings & Reviews
large fruits, great taste
by Ohio zone 6
I love this tomato. It produces huge, meaty tomatoes that can be used on a sandwich, fresh eating, or in sauces. This plant will get huge and the weight of the large tomatoes must be supported. Don’t use those cheap “tomato cages”. Love the quality of seeds from SSE. The seeds all germinated easily. I will grow this one every year.