Bird and Butterfly Flower Mix
- Annuals and perennials
- Early, late, and mid-blooming flowers
- Beautiful mix of colors
- Provides nectar to many species of butterflies
- Some plants will provide food for butterfly larvae
- Sows 125 square feet per oz
This annual and perennial mixture of flowers will provide nectar to many species of butterflies, including brushfoots, monarchs, skippers, sulphurs and swallowtails. Some of these plants will also provide food for butterfly larvae. Sows 125 square feet per oz.
- Candytuft, Annual - Iberis umbellata
- Wallflower, Siberian - Cheiranthus allionii
- Larkspur, Rocket - Delphinium consolida
- Lupine, Perennial - Lupinus perennis
- Gayfeather - Liatris spicata
- Coneflower, Purple - Echinaceae purpurea
- Blanketflower - Gaillardia aristata
- Aster, China, Single Mix - Callistephus chinensis
- Cornflower 'Polka Dot Mix' - Centaurea cyanus
- Poppy, California Orange - Eschscholzia californica
- Indian Blanket - Gaillardia pulchella
- Sage, Scarlet - Salvia coccinea
- Coreopsis, Lance Leaved - Coreopsis lanceolata
- Godetia, Dwarf - Clarkia amoena
- Coneflower, Dwarf Red - Ratibida columnifera
- Coreopsis, Dwarf Plains - Coreopsis tinctoria
- Mint, Lemon - Monarda citriodora
- Mexican Hat - Ratibida columnifera
- Sweet Alyssum, Tall White - Lobularia maritima
- Black-Eyed Susan - Rudbeckia hirta
You may sow the bee feed mix 1 to 2 weeks before your average last frost date. Mix the seed with some sand or sawdust, broadcast the seed, and then go over the area with a rake to work the seed into the soil a little.
This product is best seeded at 6-12 lbs per acre or 5 ounces for 1000 square feet.
Confirm the varieties in this mix are safe for your state/region by visiting the USDA National Invasive Species Information Center
Aquatic Plants or Terrestrial Plants
Ratings & Reviews
A beautiful, and colorful mix!
by Paige Ofstedahl
I purchased this mix in the fall of 2019 to be planted in the summer of 2020. I live in Albuquerque, and I've loved watching how everything has sprouted and bloomed these past couple months, with more yet to come! Great mix of flowers and colors. Will be purchasing another mix for next summer!