Tomato Tasting—August 31, 2019
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- LGVC open 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event at Heritage Farm
Sample dozens of open-pollinated heirloom tomatoes—including favorites and rare varieties from SSE’s seed bank—at our annual FREE Tomato Tasting event. Attend demonstrations, judge a salsa contest, and celebrate fall in our beautiful gardens.
- 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Hayrides (last hayride goes out at 4:15 pm)
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Tomato Tasting
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Salsa Contest
- 1:30 pm Tomato Garden Tour & Trellis Talk: With SSE's Assistant Curator, Steffen Mirsky
- 2:30 pm Tomato Seed Processing Tour & Demo: Walk with SSE staff to view a large scale tomato processing machine in action, then settle down under the canopy to walk through the steps for an at-home gardener.
- 3:30 pm Recreating Classic Tomato Recipes: A Cooking Demonstration with SSE's Evaluation Technician, Norah Hummel
Enter Oneota Community Food Co-op’s Salsa Contest, held here at our annual Tomato Tasting. Pre-registration is required to compete in the Salsa Contest.
Heritage Farm is just outside Decorah, Iowa.