Grilled Corn Salsa
This exceptionally versatile salsa was featured at Seed Savers Exchange’s 2018 Tomato Tasting at Heritage Farm. Pair it with tortilla chips for a party, tuck it into tacos, or serve it over blackened fish or chicken.This easy-to-make salsa is also great served as a topping or side dish for fried green tomatoes.
Serves 12 (serving size: about ⅓ cup)
- 6 ears fresh-shucked corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Ausilio Thin Skin Italian peppers, seeded and minced
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Brush corn with 1 tablespoon oil.
Grill, uncovered, turning often, until charred, 15-20 minutes.
Cut kernels from cobs.
Combine corn, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and remaining ingredients.
Store in refrigerator up to one week.