New England Aster
Aster novae-angliae | SKU: 0296
$3.75 to $8.93
- Perennial and hardy to zone 4
- Plants grow to 3-6 feet tall
- Topped with pink-purple flowers
- Blooms late in the summer and early in the fall
- Serves as an important late-season (after frost) nectar source for a variety of butterflies
(Aster novae-angliae) One of the tallest and most magnificent of the fall asters. Serves as an important late-season (after frost) nectar source for a variety of butterflies. Plants grow 3-6' tall and require fertile soil with adequate moisture. Perennial. Hardy to zone 4.
Learn to Grow New England Aster
Start Indoors: In Early Spring
Germination: 14-35 Days
Rows Apart: 24"
Light: Full Sun
Instructions - Sow seeds indoors just beneath surface of soil in a flat. Enclose flat with plastic and refrigerate for 2 weeks. Remove plastic wrap and place in warm lighted area. May need staking in a garden border. Pinch back until late summer to prevent plant from falling over when heavily laden with blossoms.