Harvest Festival—October 5, 2019
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- LGVC open 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event at Heritage Farm
Soup cook-off, pumpkin carving, garlic workshop, cider pressing and more: it’s time for Harvest Festival at Heritage Farm. Vote for your favorite soup, attend a workshop, take a hayride, and make your very own corn husk doll. This family-friendly event is one of our favorites.
- 12:00-4:00 pm - Ongoing events, including soup cook-off, apple pressing, garlic tasting, pumpkin carving, face painting, and kids activities.
- 12:00-5:00 pm - Hayrides (last hayride leaves at 4:15pm)
- 12:00 pm - Orchard Hike: Hike through a century-old pine forest, past sinkholes, and the ruins of Colonel Taylor's vacation home to get to SSE's Historic Orchard
- 1:00 pm - Seed Processing Demo: Walk with SSE staff to view large scale seed processing machines in action, then settle down under the canopy to walk through the steps for an at-home gardener
- 2:00 pm - Squash Presentation: Explore the history of squash and learn about varieties of Native American origin that we grew on the farm this year
- 3:00 pm - Hard Cider Making Workshop: A beginner’s workshop and tasting
- 4:00 pm - Soup Cook-Off Winner Announced!
Heritage Farm is just outside Decorah, Iowa.