Soup cook-off, pumpkin carving, garlic workshops, cider pressing, and more.
- Free Event - No Registration Required
- October 14, 2017
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Visitors Center open from 10:00 am - 5:00pm
- Event at Heritage Farm.
Soup cook-off, pumpkin carving, garlic workshop, cider pressing and more. It’s time for Harvest Festival at Heritage Farm. Vote for your favorite soup, attend a workshop, take a hayride, and make your very own corn husk doll. This family friendly event is one of our favorites.
- 12:00 pm
- Orchard Hike & Tour w/ SSE Orchardist Dan Bussey
- Squash Display & Presentation w/ SSE Seed Bank Manager, Phil Kauth
- 12:45 pm
- Canning Homemade Applesauce: a Food Demonstration & Tasting w/ SSE Germination Technician Alex Enriquez
- 1:30 pm
- Garlic Workshop w/SSE Horticultural Technician Steffen Mirsky
- 2:15 pm
- Kids Workshop: Saving Beans! (watch for a surprise special guest) w/ SSE Seed House Field Manager Rochelle Wiedenhoeft and SSE Education and Outreach Coordinator Shea Conlan
- 3:00 pm
- Making Hard Cider: A Beginner’s Workshop w/ SSE’s Orchardist, Dan Bussey
- 4:00 pm
- Soup Cook-Off winner announced, trophy presented
- 4:15 pm
- Last Hayride goes out
- Ongoing Events
- Hayrides, cider pressing, soup cook-off, face painting, pumpkin carving, block printing demonstration, art sale, and kids activities (seed collage, corn husk dolls, seed jewelry, and more)
Directions and Parking
Heritage Farm is just outside Decorah, Iowa. Getting here is pretty straight-forward.