Gold Medal Tomato
- Bi-colored fruits are orange-yellow with red
- Fruits are large and flattened
- Flesh is streaked with red and flavorful
- Indeterminate -Fruit ripens throughout the season
- 75-90 days from transplant
- ±13,700 seeds/oz
From Ohio tomato collector, Ben Quisenberry, who described it in his 1976 catalog: “The sweetest tomato you ever tasted. The yellow with streaks of red makes them very attractive and a gourmet’s joy when sliced.” Our finest bi-colored tomato—orange-yellow splashed with red. Winner of the 2008 SSE Tomato Tasting. Indeterminate, 75-90 days from transplant. ±13,700 seeds/oz.
Learn to Grow Gold Medal Tomato
Start Indoors: 6 weeks before last frost
Germination: 7-14 Days
Plant Outdoors: 24-36” Apart
Support: Cage, stake, or trellis
Instructions - Sow seeds indoors ¼" deep. Tomatoes are sensitive to freezing temperatures, so wait to transplant outdoors until the soil is warm. Plant in full sun.