Tomato, Amish Paste
- Best-selling paste tomato
- Bright red fruits grow to 8-12 ounces
- Fruits vary in shape from oxheart to plum
- Juicy and meaty flesh
- Excellent for sauce or fresh eating
- Indeterminate - Fruit ripens throughout the season
- 85 days from transplant
- ±13,500 seeds/oz
Tom Hauch of Heirloom Seeds commercialized this variety in 1990. It was acquired from the Amish near Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Bright red 8-12 ounce fruits vary in shape from oxheart to rounded plum. Delicious flesh is juicy and meaty, excellent for sauce or fresh eating. One of Slow Food USAs Ark of Taste varieties. Indeterminate, 85 days from transplant. ±13,500 seeds/oz.
Start Indoors: 6 weeks before last frost
Germination: 7-14 Days
Plant Outdoors: 24-36” Apart
Support: Cage, stake, or trellis
Instructions - Sow seeds indoors ¼" deep. Tomatoes are sensitive to freezing temperatures, so wait to transplant outdoors until the soil is warm. Plant in full sun.