Join the team at Heritage Farm!
We are often looking for passionate people to help us in our work. If you care about preserving agricultural biodiversity, promoting the family and cultural traditions of seed saving, contact us about a job at our headquarters at Heritage Farm just north of Decorah, Iowa.
Please email a cover letter, resumé, and the contact information for three references to email@example.com - include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
Marketing, Media & Membership Assistant
Job Title: Marketing, Media & Membership Assistant
Department: Marketing, Membership, & Development
Reports to: Marketing, Membership & Development Manager
FLSA Status: Full time regular, non-exempt
The Marketing, Media, and Membership assistant will support the Marketing, Membership, and Development team at Seed Savers Exchange, to generate awareness through communication and education and lead people to support the work of SSE through sales, donations, and membership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create effective messaging and communication as requested for website, social media, email, blog, and member publications to encourage participation in SSE’s mission
- Website and Blog: Work with web developer and MMD manager to create and edit website content
- Social Media: Create content and manage posting and engagement on accounts
- Email: Write various email newsletters that are strategically planned
- Member Publications: Assist the MMD manager/other senior leadership in planning, writing and editing the quarterly member magazine (the Heritage Farm Companion)
- Support fundraising & membership development team as needed: writing donor appeal letters, data entry, member and donor communication correspondence
- Assist with press and media communications
- Assist the Seed Exchange team with Yearbook content creation and Seed Exchange management
- Execute annual contact plan to relist seeds of participating members and increase the number of members who participate for the first time
- Assist with printing of the Yearbook
- Reply to member questions regarding the Seed Exchange
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong written communication skills: print, website, social media, email, etc
- Experience in marketing and media - both print and digital
- Stay up-to-date with social media and marketing trends and best practices
- A self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Organization of tasks and adherence to deadlines
- Experience in a non-profit setting
- Knowledge of gardening and horticulture
- Database experience
- Photography skills
- Data and metric analytics experience
A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, marketing, or equivalent, or a minimum of two years experience working in the communication field is preferred. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of writing to inform and engage the audience, edit content for clarity and accuracy, as well as a proven record of organization and delivery on tasks.
Seed Savers Exchange is an equal opportunity employer.