Soup cook-off, pumpkin carving, garlic workshops, cider pressing, and more.
- Free Event - No Registration Required
- October 14, 2017
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Visitors Center open from 10:00 am - 5:00pm
- Event at Heritage Farm.
Soup cook-off, pumpkin carving, garlic workshop, cider pressing and more. It’s time for Harvest Festival at Heritage Farm. Vote for your favorite soup, attend a workshop, take a hayride, and make your very own corn husk doll. This family friendly event is one of our favorites.
- 12:00 pm
- Orchard Hike & Tour
- Squash Display & Presentation
- 12:45 pm
- Food Preservation Techniques Workshop
- 1:30 pm
- Garlic Workshop
- 2:15 pm
- Beans, Squash, and Peas: A Beginner’s Workshop on Seed Saving Techniques
- 2:45 pm
- Gourd Hunt winner announced
- 3:00 pm
- Making Hard Cider: A Beginner’s Workshop & Tasting
- 4:00 pm
- Soup Cook-Off winner announced, trophy presented
- 4:15 pm
- Last Hayride goes out
- Ongoing Events
- Hayrides, cider pressing, soup cook-off, face painting, pumpkin carving, apple tasting, gourd hunt, and kids activities (seed collage, corn husk dolls, seed jewelry, corn shelling, and more)
Directions and Parking
Heritage Farm is just outside Decorah, Iowa. Getting here is pretty straight-forward.