Posted: May 30, 2013
Deadline: Applicants reviewed immediately
Full-time, 40 hour per week with benefits
Seed Savers Exchange is currently hiring a Seed Technician to ensure successful production, processing, packaging, and distribution of commercial seed crops.
include but are not limited to:
1. Coordinate all commercial transplant, seed potato and garlic activities
2. Responsible for organic certification compliance
3. Supervise garden crew in collaboration with Seed Tech 1
4. Assist with harvesting activities
5. Field transplanting, weeding (manual and mechanical), and harvesting
6. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Executive Director.
View a complete job description here
1. Degree and experience in horticulture or related field preferred.
2. Education or experience with Certified Organic production or processing.
3. Ability to perform physical aspects of the position – lifting, working outside in hot/wet/cold weather, working inside in seed cooler, etc.
, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com
. Please include "Seed Tech 2” in the subject line of your email. Seed Savers Exchange is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: June 14, 2013
Deadline: June 28, 2013
Position: Part-time Garden Crew, Display Gardens (2-3 days a week)
Seed Savers Exchange is currently hiring a Seasonal Garden Crew member for the Display Garden
Summary: Assist with the yearly growing cycle of the display garden at Heritage Farm from the initial planning stages, planting, weeding, seed harvesting and processing.
Essential duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
1. Support garden activities as needed – planting, weed control, and maintenance.
2. Apply pest control methods in accordance with Organic Handling Plan.
3. Exhibit the ability to work well in a team, be detail oriented, and willing to adjust to different work settings.
4. Able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally as work demands.
5. Operate garden machinery, planting, tilling, weeding.
6. Demonstrate the ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions as needed.
7. Bending, reaching, standing and all movements and physical activity involved with garden work.
8. Other duties – Perform additional duties as directed by the supervisor.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include "Display Garden Crew” in the subject line of your email.
Savers Exchange is an equal opportunity employer.